|Product:||MACROCARPA CAPE COD / ADIRONDACK CHAIR: Round tail + Cover|
|Grade:||Clear, with the odd knot|
|Finish:||Machined with pencil arris|
|Dressing:||Clear Danish oil|
|Size:||Length: 990mm - Width/Depth: 830mm - Height: 920mm|
|Seat Size:||500x540x360 mm (WxDxH)|
|Arm Size:||180 mm (W)|
Discover a range of Cape Cod / Adirondack chairs of the highest quality and comfort in New Zealand.
Timber furniture for enjoying long summer days and winter nights around a fire, our products are New Zealand made from Macrocarpa timber that we turn into furniture designed to last a lifetime.
All Tui Creek products are commercial grade and meet the demands of the country’s top hotels, lodges, resorts and bars.
Buy direct from the people who make them.
- Macrocarpa timber up to 100yo
- Professionally made in New Zealand
- Traditional North American styling
- 100% Eco-friendly timber, no tanalising
- Scalloped seat base, very comfortable
- Wide armrests
- Stainless steel fasteners
- Coach bolts on load bearing joints
- Finished in hand rubbed clear Danish oil
- Outdoor weather cover (2Y Warranty)
- Already sub-assembled
- Fast and easy final assembly
Our traditional North American styled Cape Cod / Adirondack chairs with matching foot stools and tables are great for the home or batch and are popular for use in both summer and winter outdoor settings.
This round tail model is popular for BBQ areas as the wide armrests can easily set food and drinks on, as well as having a very comfortable scalloped seat base.
This chair is finished with hand rubbed clear Danish oil that penetrates, feeds, and hardens the wood fibres giving a durable water-resistant surface, while creating a warm natural lustre.
Macrocarpa is a 100% eco-friendly and very durable timber that requires no tanalising preservative and is ideally suited for use in a coastal environment.
- Add a matching foot stool
- Add a matching side table
- Carton measures 1000x500x250 mm
- Chair sub-assemblies
- Weather cover
- Assembly tool + instructions
- Spare Danish oil
Wood Care & Maintenance
Any natural wood grain and painted timber furniture requires regular care and maintenance, this is important for the life of the product and cannot be neglected. Despite various sales assurances, there is no timber furniture in the world that is maintenance free.
Keeping the maintenance up to any TC outdoor furniture is a requirement of the warranty, and maintained correctly we see our furniture still looking in top condition years after purchase.
Using the protective cover when not in use for extended periods will significantly extend the maintenance intervals and life of any timber furniture.
Oiled woodgrain chairs
Maintenance for natural wood grain outdoor furniture is normally just periodic re-oiling of the timber and checking the tightness of the fasteners. Danish oil acts as a sacrificial coating that prevents the timber surface gaining a sun bleached silver sheen and becoming susceptible to moisture and mold.
As long as the re-oiling is applied as soon as the timber surface starts to go dull, the maintenance should be little more than this. The oil requires re-application at least twice annually, however this period can be as often as monthly, especially when products are used in harsh coastal environments or commercial applications.
Little and often is the key with a simple 'wipe on wipe off' application. A chair should take no more than five minutes to re-oil, and the Danish oil consumption should be minimal.
Simply wipe the chair clean and apply touch up paint as required as well as checking the tightness of the fasteners. The maintenance interval depends entirely on the furniture's exposure to sunlight and the elements.
As a result of fuel costs all shipping charges have increased, however these remain on-charged at cost.
The Tui Creek Difference
Tui Creek does market research the old fashioned way – we have mystery shopped every Cape Cod chair in the market.
Whilst most Cape Cod furniture can easily look the same, it is only when one places TC chairs next to the alternatives that you can instantly see the difference in the features, design, quality and finishing.
Nearly all other brands we have tested are clearly only striving to be the cheapest at all costs - where finishing, longevity, warranty and product support is at best loosely defined.
TC Cape Cod furniture represents the highest quality in New Zealand that is fully supported.
- 100% New Zealand made products.
- Comfortable, durable products that are Kiwi fit for purpose.
- TC sell commercial quality furniture, not unfinished woodwork projects.
- TC manufactures all its products in house, we are not just resellers.
- TC chairs contain 30% more timber than almost all other brands.
- TC chairs are shipped sub-assembled, not flat packed.
- Only eco-friendly New Zealand timber and oils
- No imported rainforest wood
- We oil then then assemble, not the other way around.
- Scandinavian quality - easy Swedish style final assembly
- All chairs include a weather cover, essential for NZ conditions.
- Stainless fasteners throughout, essential for NZ conditions.
- Coach bolts on all load bearing joints, again essential.
- Assembly tool included
- Easy finance options
- Unmatched warranties up to 10 Years
- Full replacement spares available
- Our customer feedback speaks for itself
Need to know
With natural wood fibre, no two products are ever identical and your product will vary slightly in appearance from the one depicted.
Unlike metal or plastic, timber is a natural fibrous/hydroscopic material and with any timber there will always have a degree of movement and colour change over time. Whilst our products have a high quality finish there will always be minor imperfections that can include minute marks, dents, chips, checking/cracking - this is normal and is part of the timber's rustic character.
Be wary of any brand of outdoor timber furniture that promotes being 'maintenance free' - as no such furniture exists any where in the world.
Thanks for supporting New Zealand business